One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Match Support Specialist
The Match Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to support a caseload of active matches on a consistent basis for the mentoring program and ensure alignment with the Big Brothers Big Sisters standards of practice.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is engaging in an exciting rebuilding process. We are looking for a candidate who has the skill set, experience and personal characteristics who will thrive in being a part of this next chapter.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Match Support:
- Supporting a match caseload; making roughly 10-12 match support contacts per week.
- Providing on time monthly match support services to ensure match safety, adherence to agency standards, proper relationship building, goal tracking, training, coaching and support.
- Maintaining timely and quality documentation of all client contacts in Match Force in adherence with agency standards summarizing the exchange, assessing the match status and following up with any necessary support or training.
- Providing the timely administration of SoR surveys and COS/YOS to Bigs and Littles.
- Communication with Management:
- Providing a brief weekly report to management on any yellow or red status matches with an action plan for coaching and follow up.
- Participating in weekly check-in calls with Management.
- Participating in bi-weekly Program Meetings.
- Participate in monthly Staff Meetings.
- Assisting with agency initiatives and fundraising events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Applicants must have a high school diploma/GED equivalent AND meet one of the following criteria:
Hold a Bachelor's Degree;
Hold an Associates Degree with two years experience in related fields or;
Four years of relevant work experience in related fields.
*Related fields include social work, counseling, social services or child development
Team player and positive attitude
Works effectively in a changing environment
Willingness to take in feedback, learn and adapt
Experience with client management software
Creative problem solver and resolve to forge ahead
Excellent analytical and assessment skills
Strong communication and writing abilities
This is a 10-12 hour per week part time position. Work schedules are flexible but must be consistent and in alignment with the needs of the role and approved by Management.
This position requires evening and weekend hours.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.