One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
The Enrollment Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to manage all enrollment activities for the mentoring program and ensure alignment with the Big Brothers Big Sisters standards of practice.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is engaging in an exciting rebuilding process. We are looking for a candidate who has the skill set, experience and personal characteristics who will thrive in being a part of this next chapter.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting interviews of potential volunteers, child participants and their families
- Determining program fitness in accordance with the standards of practice
- Writing thorough and accurate assessments of enrollee fitness for the program
- Making match recommendations and assisting with facilitating match meetings when needed
- Conducting surveys with participants to assess program effectiveness
- Providing appropriate training to participants
- Working collaboratively with the Community Engagement team to develop strategies for volunteer recruitment
- Assisting with program engagement activities and initiatives as needed
- Assisting with other agency initiatives and fundraising events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- 3-5 years of experience working in youth services
- Team player and positive attitude
- Works effectively in a changing environment
- Willingness to take in feedback, learn and adapt
- Creative problem solver and resolve to forge ahead
- Excellent analytical and assessment skills
- Strong communication and writing abilities
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience with online client management software preferred
- BA/BS degree in social work, sociology or psychology
- MSW preferred
- Paid health, vision and dental benefits
- Paid life and short term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.