Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is an affiliate of the oldest, largest and most respected mentoring organization in the United States. We are looking for our next team member to join our group of creative, supportive and talented individuals and ensure that every child in the Metro East has the opportunity to graduate high school, with a plan for their future and a mentor whose impact lasts a lifetime.
We offer a work environment that is people-centered, flexible and honors both individuality and collaboration. Our perfect candidate is someone who enjoys being a part of a team, is goal-oriented and who is passionate about improving the lives of kids in our community.
GRAPHIC DESIGN, WEB & IT SPECIALIST
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois, we are on mission to ensure that every child in the Metro East can graduate high school, with a plan for their future and a mentor whose impact lasts a lifetime.
We are an affiliate of the oldest, largest, and most respected mentoring organization in the county. As a mission driven, performance-based organization we provide high quality and safe 1:1 mentoring services to the most vulnerable children across southwestern Illinois.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is currently seeking a Graphic Design, Web & IT Specialist. This is a part-time position that offers PTO, a flexible schedule and remote work opportunities. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the agency website and IT systems, oversee two raffle fundraisers and assist with marketing projects that include graphic design, video editing and more.
We are looking for an individual with strong technical abilities, high emotional intelligence and someone who has a passion for children and making a difference in our community. Come Defend Potential with us!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Raffle Fundraiser Management:
- Manage raffle fundraisers such as the House Raffle and Cash Raffle including budgeting, ensuring campaign meets goals and results analysis.
- Working with the content marketer to develop and implement an effective promotional plan for the campaign that achieves desired results.
- Ensuring an effective and efficient system is in place for raffle transactions, keeping an accurate record of purchases and donor information.
- Handling customer inquiries and troubleshooting problems as needed; ensuring proper training of staff to assist with day-to-day ticket sales.
- Executing the raffle drawing.
Marketing Assistance, Graphic Design & Video Editing:
- Work with third party vendors and experts to execute specialized marketing strategies including digital advertisements, billboards, purchasing merchandise etc.
- Measure and report performance of specialized campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Produce engaging graphic designs that meet agency brand standards and goals for various projects including reports, mailers, marketing campaigns, fundraisers, events and more.
- Perform basic video editing as needed.
- Manage the marketing budget and allocate funds wisely.
- Align the website with the organization's brand, strategy and standards.
- Audit content and keep up to date links and information.
- Develop strategies to improve website traffic.
- Ensure the website complies with the appropriate laws and regulations.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Identify ways to improve website user experience.
- Implement security measures to protect the website.
- Manage Google analytics and website performance.
- Keep the website's domain and hosting registration current.
- Manage pay-per-click and search engine optimization campaigns.
- Monitor for website security breaches and respond to them as needed.
- Reply to, troubleshoot, and resolve website issues.
IT & Systems Management:
- Work with the agency IT consultant who oversees agency IT infrastructure and security to ensure proper set up and implementation of all agency devices and systems.
- Oversee the day-to-day use of agency databases, applications and technical platforms to ensure proper functionality and staff usage.
- Analyze and develop solutions for IT needs; oversee the deployment of new systems and services.
- Troubleshoot issues related to internal IT.
Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
- Background in graphic design, information technology, computer administration or similar degree
- Computer literacy, software application and design experience
- Understanding of UX/UI design
- Knowledge of SEO
- WordPress experience
- Good visual design sense
- Team player and positive attitude
- Works effectively in a growing environment
- Willingness to take in feedback, learn and adapt
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- 8 paid holidays
- 5 PTO days
- Private office
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Professional development opportunities
Pay for this position is between $19-$28 per hour dependent on experience level.
All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to [email protected] NO CALLS PLEASE.