Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is an affiliate of the oldest, largest and most respected mentoring organization in the United States. We are looking for our next team member to join our group of creative, supportive and talented individuals and ensure that every child in the Metro East has the opportunity to graduate high school, with a plan for their future and a mentor whose impact lasts a lifetime.
We offer a work environment that is people-centered, flexible and honors both individuality and collaboration. Our perfect candidate is someone who enjoys being a part of a team, is goal-oriented and who is passionate about improving the lives of kids in our community.
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois, we are on mission to ensure that every child in the Metro East can graduate high school, with a plan for their future and a mentor whose impact lasts a lifetime.
We are an affiliate of the oldest, largest, and most respected mentoring organization in the county. As a mission driven, performance-based organization we provide high quality and safe 1:1 mentoring services to the most vulnerable children across southwestern Illinois.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is currently seeking an Enrollement Coordinator. This is a full-time position is year-round with the responsibility to oversee all youth and family enrollment activities for the mentoring program and ensuring alignment with the Big Brothers Big Sisters standards of practice. The position is hybrid: 3 days/work from home, 2 days/office with a flexible schedule.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is engaging in an exciting rebuilding process. We are looking for a candidate who has the skill set, experience, and personal characteristics which will thrive in being a part of this next chapter.
Come Defend Potential with us!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enrollment and Matching:
- Conducting interviews of "Bigs", "Littles" and parents/guardians of "Littles"
- Making proper assessments of program fitness in accordance with the BBBSA standards of practice
- Making and approving match recommendations and facilitating match meetings when needed
- Conducting program surveys to assess program effectiveness
- Providing appropriate training to "Bigs" and "Littles"
- Community Engagement:
- Working collaboratively with the Community Engagement team to develop strategies for recruitment and program engagement initiatives
- Assisting with group Match activities and programs when needed
- Overseeing indirect service initiatives such as the Adopt a Family holiday gift program and Back to School supply drive program
- Assisting with agency initiatives and fundraising events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Applicants must have a high school diploma/GED equivalent AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree;
- Hold an Associate’s Degree with two years’ experience in related fields or;
- Four years of relevant work experience in related fields.
*Related fields include social work, counseling or child development
- Works collaboratively with the team
- Works effectively in a learning and growing environment
- Creative problem solver and resolve to forge ahead
- Excellent client assessment skills
- Strong communication and writing abilities
- Professional judgment
- Experience with client management software preferred
- Paid health, life and disability
- 8 paid holidays
- 15 PTO days
- Private office
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
Interested Candidates: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.