One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Customer Relations Specialist
The Customer Relation’s Specialist primary responsibility is to manage all program inquiries from potential volunteers, parent / child participants and supporters while ensuring practices are in alignment with the Big Brothers Big Sisters standards of practice.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois is engaging in an exciting rebuilding process. We are looking for a candidate who has the skill set, experience and personal characteristics who will thrive in being a part of this next chapter.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Relations:
- Managing the inquiry and application process
- Conducting orientation calls of parents/guardians and potential volunteers and assessing fitness
- Conducting reference checks on potential volunteers
- Community Engagement:
- Working collaboratively with the Community Engagement team to develop strategies for volunteer engagement and recruitment
- Assisting with program engagement activities and initiatives
- Assisting with other agency initiatives and fundraising events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- 1-3 years of customer service or related experience
- Team player and positive attitude
- Works effectively in a changing environment
- Willingness to take in feedback, learn and adapt
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience with online client management software preferred
- Experience working with youth and families preferred
- BA/BS degree
- Flexible schedule
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Work from home opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.