FREE Counseling Services for children in St. Clair County
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) provides counseling services to all children seeking counseling within the ages of 6 through 17 whom are either BBBS clients or community members who meet the admission criteria listed below. Self-referrals are accepted as well as referrals from other community organizations working on behalf of the family.
The agency utilizes traditional, conventional service modalities and interventions to assist the client in meeting their goals and needs. The counseling services offered provide support through the use of age appropriate, client centered counseling which include listening, encouraging, validating, reflecting, giving resources, providing advocacy and a safe counseling environment. Services provided will be on an as-needed basis regardless of race, color, religion, gender, disability, national origin or sexual preference. Services are provided in the office, virtual, or school.
The first step to your child and family participating in counseling services is for a parent/guardian to contact Melissa Rotramel-Richter at Big Brothers Big Sisters at 618-398-3162 or email [email protected] to discuss the program and to schedule an in-person Assessment Session.
Intake and Assessment
- Each parent is asked to complete the Intake Forms for Big Brother Big Sisters.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters staff will set up a meeting either virtually, at the office, or school.
- Parent Surveys will be completed at Intake, after each 6 sessions, and at Closure to assess the client’s caring, competency, and confidence.
- Residents of St. Clair County
- 6-17 years of age
- Children and their parents who are experiencing psychological and/or relationship distress.
- Child in local school settings presenting with emotional and/or behavioral issues.
- At no cost to the family or school
- Short term Individual and Family Counseling
- Group Counseling as deemed necessary
- Advocacy/Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Information and Referrals
We look forward to working with you and your child so that we can provide effective and appropriate counseling services! For more information please contact, Melissa Rotramel-Richter, at 618-398-3162 or [email protected].